A NEW GREEN MARKET
The electric vehicles market is booming driven by tough CO2 regulations, technology development and stronger government incentives.
The global EVs (Electric Vehicles) market is amped up and on the rise.
- Growing consumer demand for greener vehicles, coupled with government incentives, and inner-city restrictions for gasoline and diesel vehicles is contributing to the popularization of EVs.
- In 2017, for the first time, global sales of new EVs passed a million units. Under the current growth trajectory, EV producers could almost quadruple that achievement by 2020, moving 4.5 million units, around 5% of the overall global light-vehicle market.
Technology, government incentives and a shift in consumer behavior are some of the factors in the growth of the EV market. By 2022, technological advancements will put the cost of owning an EV on par with traditional petrol or diesel vehicles. This will eliminate one of the greatest barriers to purchase, boosting demand and increasing market growth.
more electric vehicles expected worldwide by 2030
of total EV sales in 2030 will be BEVs (Battery Electric Vehicles)
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
We help our customers to get ahead in the e-mobility race, offering a One stop shop service, from requirements to homologation, providing unrivalled expertise and safety compliant electrification design of Passenger cars and Commercial & Special Vehicles.
We accompany our clients in the development of their e-mobility solutions:
- Identifying and defining future required solutions, driven by the market challenges, with an e-mobility development approach
- Providing a long-time experience in electrification on complex projects
- Delivering intelligent e-mobility solutions, with a one stop shop automotive approach, highly flexible and independent
We take our clients to the next level with our unrivalled knowledge of electrical systems for both Passenger cars and Commercial & Special Vehicles.
VEHICLE MISSION PROFILE ANALYSIS
- Selecting the right Electrification System Strategy at the start of the development of an e-driveline, finding the perfect balance between power, range, load capacity, energy consumption and charging speed is key.
- We leverage our extensive electrification experience, embedded in our unique simulation tool.
ELECTRIC & HYBRID ARCHITECTURES
- With the right Electrification System Strategy defined, designing the System & Electric architectures for an accurate energy management system is the next crucial step in the electrification process. HW and SW interface definition, High & Low Voltage layout and Communication layout are some of our core competences in this field.
- Applying our 20 years experience in automotive high voltage systems.
CONCEPT & DESIGN
- Conceptualizing and designing the high voltage, charging, E-drive and power electronics systems while also ensuring system integration compatibility is where our experience lies.
- Having delivered these services for 20 years on more than 30 electrification design projects to more than 8 major automotive OEMs.
PROTOTYPE BUILD, TESTING & HOMOLOGATION
- Completing the electrification R&D cycle, we build the virtual & physical vehicle prototype, perform testing to define & ensure the quality and reliability of the Electrification System design, including the homologation activities.
- Leveraging the extensive experience (+20y) in automotive electrification projects, with major OEMs.
DEVELOPMENT GRT VEHICLE
- Since 2009, our engineers work alongside experts from 2getthere, a leading developer of mobility solutions, to design, produce and deliver driverless electric vehicles. The driverless vehicles, each with a capacity of 24 passengers, were fully engineered and produced by our teams.
- 2getthere delivers Autonomous Vehicle Systems for Smart Cities with a 25+ years of experience with autonomous vehicles in various demanding environments.
INTEGRATION AND TESTING PLC COMMUNICATION
- Testing and validating of charge communication systems
- Hardware and Design Review for PLC Wiring Diagrams
- Transfer ISO15118 and DIN70121 requirements in test cases
- Adaptation of communication protocols and troubleshooting
- Test of various load columns and vehicle combinations
DEVELOPMENT OF CONTROL UNITS E-DRIVE
- BMW requested development support and production support for power electronics, battery charger, contractor box and BMU for all BEV and PHEV derivates.
- Capgemini took care of requirement management and requirement development lead, E/E and HW partial project lead, HW pre development and HW/SW integration tests
CAPGEMINI E-MOBILITY EXPERTISE CENTER
Providing Unrivalled Expertise and Safety Compliant Electrification Design of Passenger Cars and Commercial & Special Vehicles
20 Years of Experience 30 Electrification Design Projects for 8 Major OEMsDownload our brochure
E-mobility accelerating towards maturity
Challenges in a new ecosystemDownload our White Paper