The latest advancements in technology are giving Electronics companies a unique opportunity to capture value from digital disruption – through both the products they develop and the efficiency of manufacturing operations.
est. Size semiconductor manufacturing equipment market by 2025 (9.4% cagr 2020-2025)
percent of it spending (by 2024) on digital transformation & innovation
of studied use cases in which ai can improve performance beyond other analytics techniques.
Technology is both driving and enabling dramatic change in what and how embedded and electronic products are developed and manufactured. Advancements in AI/ML, IoT, 5G, data/analytics, AR/VR, open standards, etc. are disrupting product featuresets, user experience, product categories and monetization strategies, not to mention transforming the efficiency of product development itself. And ‘smart manufacturing’ solutions leverage many of these same technologies to achieve dramatic benefits through digital transformation of manufacturing and supply chain.
Capgemini Engineering provides ER&D services and solutions to help Electronics companies leverage the full benefit of these advanced technologies in both product engineering and manufacturing operations to achieve the business outcomes they value. Our solutions help customers:
- Design, build, protype, analyze and test embedded platforms, subassemblies, and products for end vertical markets
- Industrialize and manufacture products and subassemblies
- Improve quality, productivity, profitability or time to market through operational digitization/transformation
- Extend the revenue-generating life of existing products ─ from factory to field to end of life
- Transform the way customers use and benefit from products and services
EMBEDDED PLATFORM ENGINEERING
Services and solutions to design, implementation and test of embedded systems and platforms tailored for end vertical markets, including:
- Silicon validation
- Firmware, device drivers, board support packages OS services, ALs, virtualization
- Stacks/protocols for networking, connectivity, communications, IoT and more
- Middleware & APIs
- UI/UX, HMI, HMI automation
- Embedded apps for mobile, enterprise and other vertical markets
- Boards of all complexities and form factors
- RF & antenna design, test, integration
- Experience engineering
- Product ecosystem design & optimization (edge, cloud interface, storage, data, analytics, etc.)
- Testing, interoperability, security, compliance & certification
- Portfolio of software frameworks to expedite development and test
Services and solutions for designing, building, analyzing, prototyping and testing products & subassemblies for end markets.
- Product/service design & engineering
- Full engineering design analysis (thermal, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, etc.)
- Electronics, mechatronics
- FPGA development
- Verification and validation
- Packaging enclosures and form factor design
- Technical documentation
- Full product lifecycle management & lifecycle optimization
INDUSTRIALIZATION & MANUFACTURING
Services support manufacturing and industrialization of electronics products and subassemblies
- New product introductions
- Product characterization & qualification
- Rapid prototyping
- Testing including vertical systems integration & test, pre-compliance vertical testing, production test development, functional testing & validation, and more
- Post-silicon productization
- Performance and power assurance
- Manufacturing support
OPERATIONAL DIGITIZATION/ TRANSFORMATION
Services to transform manufacturing operations to achieve quantifiable improvements in efficiency, quality, productivity, profitability or time to market.
- Machine self awareness
- Unified sensor data collection and fusion
- Database and data file systems
- Digital twin and other virtual models
- Optimized OPEX and CAPEX utilization
- 3D CAD and AR assistance for enhanced operator decision making, performance, safety and overall effectiveness
- Holistic training
- Full visibility of manufacturing system operating conditions
- Spare parts and inventory optimization
PRODUCT LIFECYCLE OPTIMIZATION
Services to extend the revenue-generating life of existing electronics products ─ from factory to field to end of life – through:
- Modernization — redesign/repackage to keep features, form factor and UX fresh & relevant
- Customer experience — refresh end-to-end UX to compete or disrupt
- Cost reduction – re-engineer to optimize BOM, testing, manufacturing or support costs and evaluate new monetization strategies
- Time to market reduction – re-engineer to reduce test, manufacturing, compliance, and supply chain challenges, etc.
- Enter new markets (localization/globalization) – redesign/reengineer to support form factors, standards and UX for new markets
- Supply chain optimization — resolve issues with obsolete components or suppliers
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DESIGN & STRATEGY
Services to enhance the way customers interface with products and services
- Growth strategies — Identify unmet market needs or untapped potential in existing products and convert them into meaningful business opportunities
- Customer experience design — Design compelling experiences that disrupt markets, transform products, services and businesses, inspire customer loyalty
- Product & service design — Envision and design digital and physical products and services customers love
- Optimize path to market with strategies to bring products and services to market more quickly
FULL PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT
End-to-end services to optimize the revenue-generating life of embedded products, including design for extended life, obsolescence management, design for manufacturing, RMA and warranty servicing, product maintenance and L2/L3 support.
EMBEDDED NEXT-GEN COMMUNICATIONS
Services to help companies engineer (develop, integrate, test) next-generation connectivity into their embedded and electronic products, such as 3GPP (5G, NB-IoT), Wi-Fi, BLE, and more.
CRITICAL EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
Services that leverage Capgemini Engineering's legacy in critical systems, safety methodologies and certifications to build and validate the most demanding & intelligent critical systems, such as model-based software engineering, critical hardware, FPGA development, critical embedded software, industrialization, and more.
Comprehensive field test of electronics devices in real-world settings and target markets to validate the features, functions, performance, power, stability and quality before release. Utilizes manual and automated methods and tools. Can include certifications and regulatory compliance testing where applicable.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF MANUFACTURING
Services to help electronics companies transform manufacturing operations to achieve quantifiable improvements in efficiency, quality, productivity, profitability, or time to market.
SOFTWARE BUILDING BLOCKS
A large portfolio of frameworks, IP, cloud & IOT platforms, test accelerators, and development kits to expedite the development of core embedded functionality such as connectivity, networking, IoT, security, cloud applications and more.
A ‘Smart Hard Hat’ for a Leading Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
A leading OEM wanted to elevate its safety management and monitoring systems proactively by developing a wearable that can constantly monitor environmental, biometric and location.Download
Mobile ERT Reader
An ERT reader is aimed at helping utility providers save the expense of periodic trips to each physical location to read a meterDOWNLOAD
Our key electronics assets
EXPERIENCE & LEADERSHIP
in ER&D services and solutions for Electronics markets
Focused on high-value, outcome-based business models
Across embedded systems, product development and manufacturing
Brings a deep under-standing of the needs and dynamics of customer end markets
SEAMLESS, SCALABLE, GLOBAL DELIVERY
Worldwide network of delivery resources and world-class engineering centers
Over 4800 engineers deployed in semiconductor and electronics projects worldwide