OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
Smart Manufacturing gives plants the ability to achieve new levels of performance, control, agility, optimization, quality and safety. Nevertheless, the deployment is challenging in many dimensions:
- Complexity: many existing and upcoming (smart manufacturing) technology building blocks, platforms and vendors are involved, which demands a highly structured approach to deploy them.
- Comprehensive enterprise architecture: the target platform need to be deployed across the whole company and will define how systems connect, communicate and share data/information. Modern architectures need to be “Future Proof”, supporting the change from centralized to distributed / decentralized functions.
- Aligned with business strategy: this requires clear definition of business strategy and current business drivers, aligning the manufacturing transformation goals to this strategy.
- Clearly defined current/future modes of operation and roadmap: a clear definition, measurement and documentation of present state of digital technologies is needed, in order to design a desired future state and a roadmap to get there.
- Expert resources & knowledge: right expert resources and additional capacity to deploy, support and scale the transformation based on best practices and catalyze the right choices for your business.
A common failure of many product manufacturers trying to realize the benefits of “smart manufacturing” is lack of a proper IT/OT foundation on which smart manufacturing applications, such as production planning, supply chain management, production control & monitoring, etc. can be deployed.
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
We leverage end-to-end services to design, deploy and maintain the IT / OT technology foundation that helps companies achieve the full benefits of “smart manufacturing”.
- Operations first: Our business-centric transformation approach starts from manufacturing operations (as-is and to-be) to frame the design of the future IT/OT system, the selection of supporting technologies and appropriate roadmap.
- Proven end-to-end methodology: We manage our clients’ transformation roadmap as a fully structured program, taking responsibility of the program office and target IT/OT manufacturing design, integration and validation.
- Technology agnostic: End-to-end vendor agnostic integration that enables the selection and integration of IT/OT elements across a multitude of technologies & vendor solutions.
OUR KEY OFFERS
DESIGN & ALIGNMENT
Develop plan that translates business strategy and manufacturing objectives into a digitized manufacturing execution and management system.
- Align strategic intentions with IT/OT technology potential & selection
- Define current & future modes of operation
- Design enterprise architecture (process, application, equipment layers), etc.
- Develop transformation roadmap & bus. cases
Lead the transformation program office and act as the IT/OT systems integrator to direct the implementation of the plan/program with partners and suppliers.
- Align governance model with sourcing, business and IT/OT architecture
- Set up & manage Program Office (governance, projects management, etc.
- IT/OT systems integration
FOOD PROCESSING PLANT
DESIGN AND MODEL ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE CURRENT MODE OF OPERATIONS
Capgemini worked in collaboration with client to identify processes, equipment and software for slaughter process. Main activities included:
- Definition and modeling of enterprise architecture depicting the slaughter process
- Setup modeling environment, guidelines and method for their own plant development (R&D)
LIFE SCIENCES PLANT
INDUSTRY 4.0 TRANSFORMATION FOR DIGITAL PLANT
Capgemini supported a manufacturer of scientific instrumentation in digitally mirroring their manufacturing operations, including the following services:
- Design of Industry 4.0 architecture framework
- Assessment of gaps between current and target Industry 4.0 maturity level, based on framework
- Creation of short to medium term Industry 4.0 roadmap
SWISS PHARMACEUTICAL GLOBAL INDUSTRY LEADER
ARCHITECTURE AND DATA FLOW FOR GLOBAL HISTORIAN MANAGED SERVICES
Capgemini is providing worldwide managed services for the integration of an OSIsoft - Process Information (PI) historian system in our client’s plants (12 done, 60 planned in total)
- Standard development and solution
- Data centralization into one single platform
- SPOC for technology development and implementation
- Global management, development, deployment and support
FRENCH MULTINATIONAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
CONCEPTION AND SELECTION OF A MES/EBR SYSTEM
Capgemini developed the conceptual design and MES/eBR specifications for two brown field plants and one green field plant.
- Value stream mapping on batch record process
- IT/OT architecture
- User requirements specification
- Functional specification