OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
Climate targets, low carbon technologies and regulatory pressures are leading to fundamental shifts in power generation, transmission, distribution and consumption.
Insight-driven operations offer executives and engineering leaders in energy companies a way to seize the opportunity of the energy transition.
They enable them to manage the new energy landscape with incredible sophistication, boost margins by improving asset lifecycle management, and creating new revenue streams.
- $1.3T is the value to be captured globally through digital transformation of electricity sector from 2016 to 2025
- $299B is the Digital utility market size by 2025
- 45% of utilities’ investment in analytics will be used in operations and maintenance of plant and network infrastructure
Transition to insight-driven operations needs a clear strategy, realistic plan, the capacity to deliver it, and above all must create value at every step of the way.
We partner with Energy and Utilities to create business value through the better use of data assets. Our areas of expertise:
- Operations & asset performance: Combining cyber-physical systems with data science & AI to improve operational efficiency and asset performance.
- Net Zero Acceleration & Smart Grids: Delivering the innovation needed to monitor supply, storage, and demand in real time making power cheaper, more reliable and renewables ready.
- Safety & Risk: Improving safety and reducing risk through better design, operations and analysis.
Insight-driven operations use data and AI to deliver actionable insights that deliver superior operational outcomes and augmented business value.
AI & DATA SCIENCE DELIVERY
We fuse AI and advanced machine learning with enterprise data engineering and expert knowledge to deliver a faster route for the successful delivery of your insight-driven operations.
- Develop effective predictive maintenance systems
- Use your operational data to predict energy usage to optimize network efficiencies
- We speak your language and understand your data
• All our consultants have science and technology backgrounds, more than half of them hold post graduate degrees, so we speak the language of your teams and appreciate the real world meaning of your data.
- 100s of engineering projects for 100s of clients
• We have a deep understanding of engineering organizations, their data and technology challenges, processes and culture borne out of hard-won experience on 1000s of projects.
- Dedicated data science and AI methodologies for engineering
• We leverage best-in class methodologies to deliver robust results.
- With you for the journey: advisory to delivery
• From teasing out elusive insights in hard to crack problem, to strategic advisory services on wide scale data driven transformation, we are with you every step of the way to unlock value from your data.
DATA & ANALYTICS FACILITY FOR NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
DELIVERING THE ANALYTICS ROADMAP FOR THE DAFNI PROJECT
- An £8m programme over 4 years with stakeholders across ~20 institutions in government, academia & business.
- We provided deep requirements engineering, architectural design and road mapping to create, stakeholder engagement.
- Established direction and purpose across a complex & distributed stakeholder community.
ACCELERATING POWER PLANT SET-UP
AUTOMATED SENSOR DATA MAPPING
- Plant set-up is a heavily manual process of mapping on site sensor IDs to Generic Entity Codes (GEC’s).
- 97% accurate: We automated analytics solution using text analytics, signal processing & Bayesian analysis.
- Reduced down-time from the set-up period from weeks to days.
DATA DRIVEN ASSET OPTIMIZATION
WIND ENERGY FIRM USES DATA SCIENCE TO REDUCE LIFECYCLE COSTS
-10,000s of wind turbines require replacement of gearbox oil every 5 years. This costs the business several $millions each year.
- Our analysis of 20 years of data from on-shore and off-shore wind farms revealed that the life-span of Gearbox Oil was typically 7-8 years.
- Over $100K per year is saved by increasing the time interval between each oil-replacement service.
BUILDING YOUR DIGITAL FUTURE
UNLOCKING IDEAS, EVALUATING USE-CASES, DEFINING A PLAN, DELIVERING CHANGE
- Over 280 PoC’s had failed to be transitioned through to industrial roll out.
- 30 domain experts led 12 weeks of consulting culminating in the digital transformation roadmap.
- Launched 5 strategic projects managing spare parts, optimizing operations & mobile connectivity.
Insight - Driven Operations for Energy & Utilities
We partner with Energy and Utilities to create business value through the better use of data assets.Download
Digitalization of utilities operations
What does digital mean for operation and maintenance of power utilities?Donwload
The Digital Twin: Creating digital operations today to deliver business value tomorrow
Digital twins allow companies to improve a variety of business processes, whether its boosting production efficiency of a factory or optimizing the performance of products in the field.Download