The Mobility Lab is Capgemini Engineering's new space dedicated to the mobility of the future. This project aims to reinforce our commitment to rethink everything and develop the team's skills in software for the automotive industry.
+ 200 m2
Rooms & Open space
Located in Vila Nova de Gaia, the Mobility Lab is our most recent research and development (R&D) laboratory. Dedicated to the strategy of sustainable and intelligent mobility, this new engineering centre starts with a team of over 350 professionals and expects to reach 700 new jobs by 2025.
In the lab we develop assets in different dimensions and software applications for the industry, we work on autonomous driving solutions, connectivity and cloud. We develop automatic verification and validation solutions using artificial intelligence, test new architectural solutions and new approaches to software development, take advantage of 5G and focus on cybersecurity.
The Mobility Lab also has a strong training component, which is the perfect environment to develop the skills of our employees in this technological field and also in partnership with several universities and polytechnics to provide the necessary conditions for many recent graduates to develop their theses and internship projects.
Mobility Lab Introduction Video
One of the greatest assets of the Mobility Lab is its ability to test new software solutions and applications for the automotive industry, with autonomous driving solutions, connectivity and connection to the cloud, automatic verification and validation solutions through artificial intelligence, among others.
The Mobility Lab also has a strong training component to provide the development of skills of Capgemini Portugal employees in this technological field. We also offer, in partnership with several universities and polytechnics, the necessary conditions for the development of theses and internship projects for recent graduates. These academies are a way to complement knowledge and reinforce the level of excellence of skills for software engineers that the automotive industry demands.
The Mobility Lab emerges in this revolution that the automotive industry is experiencing since the beginning of this century with the explosion of mobile technologies, the growth of connectivity and the rise of new technologies such as artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things (IoT), as well as the emergence of smart cars. This new centre reinforces Capgemini Portugal’s commitment to develop the skills of its Portuguese team in the area of software for the automotive industry. Bruno Coelho Technology & Innovation
We will achieve a Connected, Secure, Safe, Shared and Sustainable mobility by:
- Integrating 5G Conectivity & 5G Edge Computing
- Developing Autonomous Driving features
- Rethinking Multi-Modal Mobility
- Creating new In-Vehicle Experiences
- Powered by Data & Artificial Intelligence
Infotainment & POC
- Past & On-going In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems.
- Latest Android Automotive Infotainment Solution with full system customization, vehicle status and climatization control, custom applications for extended features and 3rd party apps integration.
- Embedded Test Automation Framework – Use Case Android Automotive but scalable to our clients demands.
- Polarization modulation of photons to encode secret keys, and then displayed live photon counts from single photon detectors (SPD).
- Use photon statistics from SPDs to decode the secret keys. Lastly.
- Using the quantum keys within the framework of QDOT.
- End-to-end Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) sensing system using a swarm of resource-constrained Micro Aerial Vehicles (MAVs) equipped with low-cost sensors.
- Integration of embedded devices into an end-to-end ROS2-based system; Using drones as airborne air quality sensors that relay measurements to the cloud.
- Applied Technologies, such as micro-ROS, ROS2, collision avoidance algorithm, indoor navigation, AWS, cloud computing, crazyflie quadcopter.
- Custom transport layer implementation for integration of ROS2/micro-ROS with the MAV’s proprietary protocol offering a significantly lower latency than previous solutions; Benchmark of the former for different Quality of Service (QoS) profiles; Increased flexibility and abstraction in embedded software development for the drones due to the usage of micro-ROS.
- Additional flexibility and modularity due to the use of micro-ROS/ROS, lower latency due to the custom transport implementation.
WanderRec (VW e-UP)
- Real sized car, equipped with cameras, LiDAR and high precision INS (Inertial Navigation System) enabling access to real driving data.
- Capture “custom” data, within our own driving ecosystem to be able to produce software capable of dealing with the car’s perception and real time testing of such software on real world daily situations.