What is Personal Information under the CCPA
Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect and have collected Personal Information either via this website or by way of direct interactions with you, which may be in person (e.g., at company event or conference) or remotely, by phone or teleconferencing (e.g., during a voluntary research interview).
We also collect Personal Information from our affiliates, third-party online sources (e.g., LinkedIn), and marketing partners.
Details of the Personal Information that we collect and have collected in the preceding 12 months, are set out in Table 1 provided below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our services to external clients, to market our services, or to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, using Personal Information to:
- Develop, improve, repair and maintain our services
- Fulfill your requests (e.g. request to attend an Capgemini Engineering NA event or receive a publication), or enable you to complete a survey or research interview for which you have agreed to participate
- Maintain our property, records and undertake quality and safety assurance measures
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, detect and prevent fraud.
How We Share Personal Information
We share Personal Information with our affiliated entities, trusted third-party service providers, clients for which our services were performed, marketing partners, and our professional advisers.
Details of the Personal Information that we disclose and have disclosed in the preceding 12 months,to third parties for our operational business purposes are set out in Table 1 provided below.
No Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell, and have not sold, Personal Information, as “sale” is defined in the CCPA.
|Category A.||Identifiers, such as name, contact information, IP address, and other online identifiers;|
|Category B.||Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education information or employment information;|
|Category C.||Commercial information, such as types of transactions or purchases made by you, when you choose to disclose this information to us, such as during a voluntary research interview;|
|Category D.||Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;|
|Category E.||Geo location data, such as device location;|
|Category F.||Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, including video recordings made during a voluntary research interview; and/or|
|Category G.||Professional or employment-related information, such as job title and employer|
|Category H.||Commercial information, such as types of transactions or purchases made by you, when you choose to disclose this information to us, such as during a voluntary research interview;|
Your Rights as a California Resident
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable)Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-880-2736. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We may periodically update this Policy to comply with updated CCPA regulations, or to describe new website features or services we offer, and how it may affect our use of Personal Information about you.
This policy was last updated on February 4, 2020.